Friday morning-last day of our honeymoon
Happy birthday MOM!!!
Last night was a nice-RELAXING-We took a much needed nap then started on making the pizza. Before that Scott went to a gas station and bought hot dogs and rented a movie "Fun with Dick and Jane". I cleaned up a little to prepare for today. We ate the pizza, watched a few movies then finally bedtime.
Today is a beautiful day, lots of clouds but bright-sort of-We got up and out surprisingly early today. 8:40!! We are on our way to my moms house with many stops on the way. Hopefully we'll spend some time in Duluth. Sandy give us a gift certificate to Red Lobster. That will be lupper. I'm really really excited.
10:52
On HWY 61 headed south. I love it here but I'm looking forward to home. Scott's excited to see my mom (suck up). Scott just got done saying how happy he was that every place we wanted to see and wanted to go on our honeymoon, was closed for the season! I guess that's what you get for marrying in April and Honeymooning on the North shore.
11:00
Arrived at Caribou falls. Time for another hike.
11:43
Two trails were close, no choice but to walk to the top of the falls-didn't see much. Very disappointing.
11:56
Arrived at Tettegouche.
Hiked around shovel point
1:10
Chilly winds, nice view of the Apostle islands.
1:38
Returned from exploring Palisade head. Saw three deer near the summit. Scott tried to find them again. Dragging me along.
Next stop. Goosebury.
2:34
Back in the car. Goosebury was beautiful...cold
Lupper time.
2:48
Stopped at Lou's for smoked fish. Such a nice owner.
3:02
Scott called work. First phone call in 5 days. Major record for Scott.
We ate our appetizer, our side salads, now just waiting for out entrees. We are no hurry! Our tummies are FULL! Oh darn, it's here.
Food was great. Couldn't finish it. We also picked up a bday gift for mom.
5:42
On our way to moms for the night-tomorrow is her auction.
6:03
YAHTEE!!! I won!
No comments:
Post a Comment