Sunday, June 27, 2010

16 Weeks and 164 Days to Go

On Friday we had our 3rd OB appointment. It was quite routine. Nothing special, except, we got to hear baby's heartbeat again! This time I didn't laugh. Well, not until the end :) She was right top of the heart so it sounded like a trotting horse...

We scheduled our next u/s for July 22nd. I'll be half way done by then! WHAT?!??!

In all this excitement I learned, yesterday, that my job is being terminated because of major budget cuts. I will be jobless sometime in August. At this point I am the only one at work, besides boss woman, who knows about this. It's terribly awkward to talk about the future with my co-workers when I know there is no future here. I called Scott after I was told crying! He was calm. He said this could a good thing...I have been looking for a new job for months! Maybe even a year or more. So, I have decided to let God handle this one...He is the only one who knows what will happen.

Right now all I can really focus on is the awful timing! Pregnant and jobless is not ideal. I'm worried about finding another job and if I do will they allow me 3 months maternity leave...doubtful. So. This being what it is...I will make this into an opportunity, not a loss.

Scott's right, this is a good thing.

No comments: