To set the scene: I'm currently designing Scott's business cards for his very new and young slide show biz he has fallen into. Well, like every other successful business, it needs a name. So like I said I'm on the internet looking up any sort of film terms to inspire Scott's biz name. Some how I stumble across Roger Eberts Glossary of Movie Terms. I begin to scroll down the list and to my great surprise I come across "Cooter Rule, The". I literally laugh out loud and continue laughing as a I read the definition. I should have started from the way beginning and share with you that for some reason, some how Scott, himself, has adopted "Cooter" as his nickname....
The Cooter Rule: (this will not be the inspiration for the name of Scott's business)
When the young good-looking hero goes back to his boyhood farmhouse, he'll inevitably have a fight at the dinner table with an older, less attractive brother. The fight is usually about abandoning the farm and "Spitting on Daddy's memory" or the hero's annoying use of correct grammar. The hero storms out of the house, and sits down on a fence in the backyard. He is followed by his sweet, long-suffering sister-in-law. She says, "Trap, you're gonna have to forgive Cooter/Hunter/Trip/Billy Bob. He loves you. He don't mean nothin'. It's just his way, is all."
Too funny not to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment