Friday I applied for a receptionist position in Clinic G at the Hospital in Cambridge. YEAH! I know! Well, today the cook i work with shared with me that she had also applied for the same job! (NOOOOOOOO) So, here I am already nervous and the job opening isn't even closed yet! I'm nervous because she has a year more of seniority and she went to college for secretarial work. But, I'm hanging on to hope because:
Qualifications:
High school diploma....check
medical terminology.....check
Skills:
strong customer service skills...check (worked in customer service for many years)
accurate spelling and the ability to read, write, understand and follow written/verbal instructions.....check
ability to follow protocols...check (I do that now)
ability to maintain confidentiality...check (i do that now)
Good keyboard and computer skill...check (c'mon I have a blog!)
Plus, I am currently considered "management" and that's pretty prestigious, Right? (I also sent in my resume. That's always a plus)
So, I need some advice. How can I make myself seem like I am the best possible candidate for this position?
HELP ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment