
Today, like every other day I checked my sister-in-laws blog. (http://www.hahpictography.blogspot.com/) Expecting to see nothing new, I was excited to read a title I hadn't yet seen. I was even more shocked after I processed the topic of her latest entry. After reading her new post, laughing at the story and crying over the great surprise, feeling so blessed to be Heidi's SIL and best friend, I decided it's my turn to dedicate a portion of my blog to my SIL, Heidi.


"Here is how the funny story starts"

September 16th, 1985.
Our first encounter. Heidi was born a whole 9 days before me, 9/3/85. Yep, another big sister. As I was leaving the hospital Heidi's mom, Carol, brought her in to show her new little girl off to her co-workers. I remember this because I noticed Heidi's adorable pair of black patent leather shoes that I was a bit envious over.

Our second encounter. fifth grade. We had a mutual friend. Through her I met Heidi. I wasn't impressed. I assumed she was exactly like the other fifth graders she hung around with. Big lie. She is all her own person. We were also in volleyball together. Unfortunately, fuzzy details.

Our third and finally encounter. tenth grade. We were in softball together, had more mutual friends and our own friendship began. We had 10am beach dates, everyday of the summers between school. We had Savers runs. Pulled many pranks that involved our vehicles in the Grandview parking lot. Sunday nights were routinely spent at Bethel participating in Vespers. We had great fun. In the summer before our senior year I started having eyes for her brother, Scott. I fell head over heels. He swept me off my feet. And for that I paid the temporary cost of a strained relationship with my amazing friend. In the long run, marrying her brother was the greatest thing. Not only do I have a great husband with an amazing family, my best friend is my sister-in-law; my sister-in-law is my best friend. She knows everything about me. She is so giving and compassionate. She's a genius! I know, Heidi? She makes life seem effortless. She's absolutely hilarious, she can imitate any Kristen Wigg skit. Her voice can resemble most all Aretha Franklin songs. She finds incredible bargains on ANYTHING! She lets me barrow her clothes! The one thing big sisters are good for. I love my best friend and SIL. She has the best beginner's luck that never fades. She can spell like the dictionary. Not to mention she is GORGEOUS! Heidi's my gorgeous friend that I am so BLESSED to have in my life.

Best Friends ARE suppose to be Sister-in-laws.
2 comments:
That sounds vaugly familiar... But I like it! And I don't let you "borrow" my clothes... You steal them!
oh yeah...at least they're all your savers second hand garmets!
Post a Comment