Before I forget completely I wanted to write down what a day typically looks like in this house...of course it changes from day to day.
Things like scotts shift, taping Ed Venture, Wednesday night church, and Thursday night bowling/or softball all contribute to our weekly routine. Plus, I've been on mat. leave. When I return to work who knows what will happen to our day's routine.
We are usually finally awake enough to start our day at 9ish (scott is at work at this time)
Elijah has eaten and Im still waking up.
E gets his daily bath around 10 and will be ready for another bottle after his post-bath nap.
When E has finally fallen into a nice deep sleep I take advantage of this precious and rare time. Start laundry, pick up the living room, clean up the kitchen, pick-up E's room, put laundry away, brush teeth, maybe exercise, maybe eat, maybe make coffee.
E is back up around 1 and ready to eat. He eats, he's changed, and now ready for some activity.
If he hasnt slept he's either in his BBjorn or mobi wrap to allow me to continue house work.
We play with toys, do some tummy time, work his legs and have fun until around 3:30-4 when he wants to eat again.
He'll eat until he falls asleep. I make 3-5 ounce bottles at different times of the day*
At this time I am about ready for a nap myself. On a good day scott is on his way home.
If Im still on fire Ill continue the chores I wasnt able to get to or complete earlier.
Maybe even start supper or play on the computer.
I try to eat supper before E wakes...this has yet to happen to my benefit. So scott and I eat in shifts. E doesnt stay content too long without some sort of contact. We play again. eat and fall asleep. This scenario repeats throughout the rest of the evening. Occasionally he gets a little extra fussy around 9ish. At this time we bounce him in our arms. He'll fall asleep there.
He'll eat at midnight, 3am and 6am. And our daily routine happens all over again.
*at night he eats 4oz, daytime 4-5oz and before his 5pm nap he'll take 3oz....weird kid
No comments:
Post a Comment