Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thoughts on IF

I hear young people talking about their future plans and what their main goal in life is. They all agree to be married, have babies and raise their families is their main goal. Which is great. But, what it that desire is not as easy as it sounds. Marriage is relatively easy (in my case). The hard part is making the family (in my case). So, when I hear young people get excited about starting their own family I get a little nervous for them. I was once that young person.

(Seriously, how hard is it to get pg? C'mon! It happens ALL THE TIME! People who have no business getting pg, get pg (it's not my call, but being in this position if I want to judge, I will))

Anyway, back to my point. I wish IF was spoken of more. I knew about it. But, I didn't know anybody who has gone through it until just recently (3 years ago). I feel like I want to shake them and yell, "DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP! IT'S NOT EASY FOR EVERYONE!!!!", "WHAT IF YOU CAN'T, WHAT THEN?" What's your main goal now? Working at trying to at least conceive a baby!

(30 minuets later)
I guess...I lost my point.

This piece that was once directed towards young people and their goals. I think it's really about me. Again. Whatever, its my blog. I can write whatever I want!

It's just....painful.

Hard

Sad

Discouraging

And you start to really wonder if having a biological child is really in your future, just one. And then, to make yourself feel better, you begin to think, "well, maybe that's ok. My body won't change. It won't stretch. Things won't become all loose...scars won't decorate my stomach, boobs and thighs" It's a vicious cycle...if going through all those changes means I get to have a miniature Scott with his cute dimples, pointy nose, and freakin adorable face...then its all worth it.

Kids...focus on the now, please. Don't plan tomorrow. Don't wish for next week. Take your time. Earn your accomplishments. And if you grow up and you discover you have undiagnosed IF, come talk to me. We can eat some ice cream and stuff our shirts with round pillows. And then, we'll do all the things pg woman can't! Believe me, it's a lot more fun then it sounds :)

I'm out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks