Monday, November 23, 2009

Somedays!

There are only a few things in life that I think, “Really?”. Well, here’s an example. I sometimes intentionally avoid wetting my hair in the shower to take one more thing off my Day to day to-do list, hair styling. Well, that doesn’t always work for me when I step on a bottle, land on my butt and slip ‘n slide all over the bottom of the tub, trying desperately to stay at the dry end, fail miserably and finally come to a halt under the shower of water. I had the option of putting on my shower cap (yes, I am a proud owner of a plastic shower cap) but I thought, “Nah, I can be extra careful with the detachable shower head.” Now, the curling iron is heating up the blower dryer is hot from 10 minutes of constant use. And, my only errand? To buy a few ingredients for a Thanksgiving dessert, at Wal-Mart. I could go with wet hair pulled back into a pony tail. But, with my great fortune, today would be the day I’m the ten-millionth shopper, win a bunch of prizes and have my picture taken to be displayed for all future shoppers to gaze upon. No, I refuse to be that girl. So, I’ll do my hair. I’ll purchase my items and go home, not the ten-millionth costumer (because that will be the man in line ahead of me). But, I’ll have great hair in doing so (cue confident hair flip).

Hope your day started better than mine!

No comments: