Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Changes of Normal

For the past six years or so that Scott and I have been a couple our work hours have remained the same. I worked 11-7:30 at Grandview, full-time, and I continued that same work schedule at the Hospital, now part-time (WHOOTWHOOT). Scott's typical work day was 2-10. Try having a "normal" life with these work routines.
.

So, for three married years this was our "normal". We would have breakfast together, watch The View, I headed off to work, he stuck around for a couple more hours then finally leave for the day. I'd come home at 7:30, fall asleep on the couch. Scott's home, nearly 11. Finally, we get to spend some "quality" time together before this happens all over again the next day. We didn't have weekends together either. Opposite.
.

Now, since his recent career upgrade this is our "normal". Wake up (Scott, not me) early, head to work. A couple hours later I roll out of bed, make myself breakfast, watch The View. If I work (Tuesdays and Thursdays) I head out around 10:30. If I don't I'll do many household chores that need to be done. I'll tend to my gardens, practice Zumba, school work. And wait for 3:30 to come around so I can greet my favorite person at the door.
.

I love this new "normal". And we work the same weekends too!!!

No comments: