Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3rd, 2006

Wednesday morning:
10:30
Woke up, thought it was 9:30...oops. No breakfast anywhere to be found. Drove to Lutsen, still no breakfast. Came back to the room, made lunch. Leftover pizza and cheez-its. Watched comedy central.

12:14
Onthe road to anywhere! Weather is beautiful, started out foggy, cleared nicely. Still chilly, but who cares? The sunis shining!!! First real sun in 6 days! Our tennis shoes are still wet from yesterdays junt through the forest-of-no-end. The same CD has been playing for the past 12 hours. (Scott hasn't complained about it!!)

12:38
Scott asked, "how about a new CD?"

2:30
We are back in G.M. at Hoilday getting ready to head up the Gunflint again. We just came down from there! Our plan is to hike up Honeymoon bluff, eat at the Train Center. Then, do some fishing.
Left G.M. around 2:44 and still no Honeymoon Bluff!? It's suppose to be 27.5 miles N. of G.M. It's now 3:30. But I don't mind, it's gorgeousup here. By guessing I'd say we around Loon lake on the Gunflint
>Scott just asked it I could see Loon Lake on the map. That means I know where I am!
We are driving on a very bumpy road. Which shows up in my hand writing.
I SEE CANADA!
We are near the end of the Gunflint. 3:50. The land still hold the scares of the last wild fire up here.

4:00
Reached the end...pretty.

4:10
Heading back

4:19
Scott just about pooped his pants! 2nd MOOSE!!! "SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO COOL!"-Scott

5:08
Back from our hike up Honeymoon bluff. Beautiful views. We counted 89 steps! 1.5 miles, round trip. Now, food time. Starving.

5:19
3rd MOOSE!!!! GOT YOU BEAT, MOM!

5:30
We are here at Trail Center and we made our food orders. I ordered the walleye sandwich, Scott ordered the Henny Jenny California style. Great atmosphere, very friendly. We want to regulars. We'll be back!!

6:12
On our way back to Blue Fin

6:20
Big time off-roading

6:33
Scott spotted a grouse. I did not.

7:10
on a road once again.
Scott: This was a perfect perfect day!

7:26
Scott just had a conversation with a deer. Never got around to fishing today. Tomorrow.
More games of skip-bo.

Good night.

No comments: