A (+) pregnancy test!
This has never happened to me before! A little pink positive!
On April 5th at 6:30am I...peed on my 3rd pregnancy test in two years. I have been late before and only test when I suspect a little combination growing in me. Since, it was now normal for me to be late a big part of me was beating down the other part of me, the much smaller part, that thought there could really be something this time.
Having had SO MANY previous disappointments I had to stop myself from feeling any sort of excitement. All trying to protect myself from the "inevitable".
So, I pee. And right away its (+). Shocked, I rub my eyes, make sure I'm seeing it right, re-read the box...and wait the full 3 minutes. Still, shocked I brush my teeth, watch a little TV and try to get the video camera working to record Scotts reaction. The battery was dead and no way was I going to wait around for a battery to charge. I finally head up the stairs to my sleeping husband. I crawl in next to him. Gently wake him up by saying "you're going to be a daddy". He hugs me, kisses me, and falls back asleep!!
Me, as excited as can be, jumps on the bed forcing him to get up!! Minutes later he rolls out. We go down stairs and bask in the glory that we conquered infertility! NATURALLY! (Amazing because a only a month from this I was nearly convinced I would never be pregnant, never have a biological child or possible never be able to adopt. Stupid girl! But hey, that's what I have gone through, emotionally)
We wait for 8am to come around. We call the clinic, set up an appointment for 9:30.
At the clinic, I take a urine test and blood test. We're getting ready to talk to my PA, Sissy Peterson, who 11 months prior I first expressed my concern about IF. At that point it had been 13 months of TTC.
She came in with a giant smile, shakes my hand and confirms our pregnancy! We were just over 4wks along!
We continue to talk and discuss the basics. I ask about Zumba (at this point I will continue. Since I've been doing it for two years consistently. I am comfortable with my decision) and she gave me a few restrictions which I am sticking to.
After that we set up an 11wk appt. with Hovinen. I might switch...we'll see how it goes. We saw him about our IF and he's not at all proactive. Like I said, we'll see.
Now, a week later I'm still on cloud 9 and intend on being here for quite some time. I am constantly praying for our little combination. All I want is a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery and perfect baby. That's what I'm prayer for when I fall asleep, wake up and every second in-between.
A sad after effect of my IF experience is that I still feel the ~sting~. When another pregnancy is announced, baby born...and so on. I feel the way I did just like before I knew I was pg. I hope that goes away. It consumed my life for so long it's weird to just let go of all the misunderstood pain. It's a strange feeling...all the lingering ugliness attached to me. But maybe when my pregnancy is obvious I'll finally be free of it all....
Right now my struggles are surrounding the dreaded miscarriage. My good friend at Zumba last night explained to me there is nothing you can do to deliberately cause a miscarriage. It all depends of the health of the embryo. That is what I needed to hear and I thanked God for her. Months ago she went through a miscarriage and yesterday she shared with me she's 3 months pg! I am so glad she can Zumba and be 3 months pg! That 100% helps my many concerns!
I am still shocked and can't believe it's finally my turn to have a baby. To experience all the joy and love everyone else (yes, everyone) has had the blessing of so easily (me, comparing again).
This blog will now be all about baby! Hope it doesn't make you gag :) But I feel it will be a happy transition from what I normally would blog about (IF).
Happy days!!!
1 comment:
CONGRATS! I am so excited for you and I look forward to hearing all about each step of this pregnancy! I am hoping next year at this time I will begin the same thing! :)
Post a Comment