Monday, December 21, 2009

HSG+no choice=EWW!

What that means is, if I wanted to continue our search for the IF cure I had to have this HSG done...it was the next step, hence no choice.

That task was accomplished this morning.

First, I had to go to Lab (my 4th time there in the last few months, that's 4 too many. More to come I'm sure) for a PG test, with a (-) result (as expected).

Then, off to radiology. I spent a short time in the waiting area. Not feeling nervous, but wishing Scott was with for the conversation. The nurse led me to the X-raying room. I signed some papers, and answered some questions. The usual routine. Soon, I was in the lovely and flattering open-back gown with ties for my convenience(?).

Another short wait. And, soon I met the MAN that would preform the dreaded HSG. A silly looking man, who, in a matter of minutes, would be face to 'face' with all my goodies. Not a good thing to run through your head before this all goes down. As I laid on the machine waiting for this to just be done...it took them a good 15 minutes to set up the tray with all the instruments necessary to preform this procedure. A LOT was involved. The machine rotated around me and I was able to see my insides as they continued to set up.

It was time. Feet in stir-ups and I'm freezing, shivering and contacting my butt and leg muscles. Not making this easy for Mister Doctor. The nice nurse laid another blanket over me and attempted to make this experience at pleasant as possible. Ladies, is it WEIRD! So, weird. It felt like an exaggerated pap smear. So much pressure and strange and uncomfortable sensations. He told me what he was doing as he did it. Cleaned things out and put the catheter in place. The second attempt was a keeper. The contrast ink was injected and I watched the whole thing. It was so neat to see it move through my baby maker. The ink spilled into my right ovary first and a few second later, my left. It was the coolest thing to watch! A few x-ray images were froze and everything that was put into my body was pulled out. IT WAS DONE! And not THAT bad.

He said it all looks good (very reassuring), grabbed my hand and continuing with, "you won!" I wanted to cry because he was right. I did win! Take that, IF-B****! (excuse the language)

I am now to wait for a call from my IF fighter coach to talk about the results and the next step.

No comments: