When it comes to cooking there is nothing i enjoy more then making up my own concoctions.
give me the ingredients...ill make something. No recipe card needed. Granted it will most likely be a stew, soup, chili....or stoup! (I enjoy eating these the most)
Today is one of these days! However, I do wish the weather was a tad cooler :) my kitchen is HOT!
I have ground turkey, carrots, celery, onions, red potatoes and corn to create with. As well as some country gravy mix, butter and water...can you guess what I decided to make?
Ground Turkey Chowder.
Weird? Maybe. I haven't eaten it yet.
But this type of cooking is what I love the most. I have been successful more times then i have failed. And the only problem I have discovered over the years of this method is, i never write down my recipes. I just throw in stuff. I can be assured this particular dinner will never happen again, at least not exactly.
So today, I started by browning my turkey. while waiting i chopped up my veggies chunky style!
After browned turkey was achieved, I added my onions and 3 Tb of butter, after the onions looked good and tender I added my celery with, you guessed it more butter, and a few splashed of water to avoid any meat burning. By the way i never measure...anything! After the celery looked good I added the rest of the veggies, except my corn. I filled my pot with water, not quite above all the veggies..just enough to let them swim. Boiled the heck out 'em! Oh. and I added more butter. Ok I tested the potatoes and carrots. Yum and tender. In goes the corn. I haven't seasoned yet, as I would have early on in the cooking process. I will wait until after the gravy is mixed in. The mix is quite tasty on its own and i really do not want to over power with salt and pepper. You can only add so much water! Every things is happy and tender! I added my gravy and Oops too much, added more water. Taste. Yep in goes black pepper and salt....and more butter...this is not for low-fat lovers. Biscuits in the oven. I am ready to eat! Where's scott? he might miss this!
No comments:
Post a Comment