Wednesday, July 21, 2010

20 Weeks

Tomorrow's the BIG day! Tomorrow we find out if Dot is a girl or boy. Tomorrow I can start calling baby by name. Tomorrow I can start really planning the nursery and baby quilt. Tomorrow is a going to a BIG day! Too bad tomorrow I have to work....

However, there's a chance this baby is shy. let's hope for uncrossed legs ;)
__________________________________________________________________

Readiness:

I know the color (kinda) that I want the nursery to be painted and I KNOW the style and color of crib and changing table I want. All that needs to be decided is the bedding color and design. And everything still needs to be purchased...I'm planning on a busy August.

In August I will be terminated from my part-time job, shooting weddings, editing those weddings, painting walls, deep cleaning (the WHOLE house) and putting together the 'new' office (made of this material), nursery, and enjoying a clean and painted and organized basement. Also, I would love to find a pull out couch, small recliner, small side table, small kitchen table with fold up chairs, and rug for the living room. I am quite positive this To-do list will trickle (hopefully NOT flow) in to September. But I can already feel myself having trouble simply walking up and down stairs with a laundry basket. This belly is already intruding on my daily tasks, what is it going to do to much larger, not so daily, more difficult tasks? I am counting on my husband to finish the basement (I can not help. I tried and was very light headed and dizzy...big ooopies) and my mom to help with painting.
Four rooms. I have four rooms that need to be done (painted and put together) before October to nearly November. I pick this deadline because I really do not want to caught off guard if baby decides to come weeks early. And feeling so behind at this point I need all the days I can get. I would really love to just focus on baby the last remaining weeks of gestation. Stocking up on diapers, formula, and all those last minutes to-do's, much like when planning a wedding. The last few weeks it all comes together after months and MONTHS of crazy/frantic planning, purchasing and preparing (PPP as mom would call it). I would also like to make and freeze meals...wishful thinking?

Here's to a crazy couple of months!

If you want to help...you will not be turned away :)

No comments: