There is a difference between a house and a home. It took my a while to really understand it. When we moved into our house 4 1/2 years ago it was exactly that. A house. Now, 4 1/2 years later I'm finally trying to turn our house into a home. Before, I thought that selling would be easy. I know there's a significant waiting period but that never really seemed to bother me as long as I knew we could always sell. Well, that's really not the case anymore. And now, has come the time to embrace what we have and do what we can to enjoy it.
Before I had very little family/friends pictures on my walls, actually no photos on the walls. No wedding photos, no family photos. Just painted and bought art. I suppose I never took that time because I figured we would be moving out so why decorate with photos in a house that will be temporary.
Since that is all changing. The house is no longer as temporary as I once thought, I plan on showing off my family and closest friends. Once all the rooms are complete that is. I want this house to be the home Scott and I (and baby) can truly enjoy. This will take time but I'm hoping Decembers deadline will be met.
Let's do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment