Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Perspective

I loyally follow three or four other bloggers. I check for new posts daily. Immediately read what's happening in their lives and take away a lesson two. Today while in the process of my ritual one of my favorite bloggers, a strong, young christian woman who has a life that seems so desirable, blogged a topic that seem to really hit home.

I have become such a fan of her for many reasons: she went through IF, she's a photographer, she's young and honest and says it like it is.

The post I read today, she talked about a personal struggle, validation for the work she does at home and not feeling she receiving adequate credit for all she does. She brought this issue to her couples group at church. As she was talking to the woman she went on to describe what she was feeling and asked, "is that bad" hoping someone would say, "oh, that's alright. We all feel that sometimes." But no the leader of the group said, "Yes." Honest and blunt. The blogger was taken back and a bit surprised. The leader went on to explain that when we serve our husbands it needs to be out of love for him and to glorify God. NOT to receive credit, or praise for it.

What a great reminder.
I am so thankful the blogger is willing to be so honest. She reveals truths about herself that can be ugly or hard to read, not in this particular post. But sometimes, actually a lot of the time, these posts are exactly the type of reminders that her readers need to see. I truly believe that God uses her and her blog to reach out to us as readers.

I should go do the dishes now.

No comments: