Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The End of an Era

Today I decided to be extra ambitious. I got up early to go to Grandview, now Grace Pointe Crossing, to continue my annual Christmas cookie decorating. At this point I have only put in about 14 hours of cookie work, we started last week. An hour into the process, today, my old boss welcomes me. She continues to tell me there's no budget for me and my cookie-frosting partner. Sad news. She thanks me for my services and apologizes for the recent budget cuts. I pack up my mess, put away the frostless cookies and say good-bye to my old, first real job. After nearly eight years it has finally come to an end. Because that decision wasn't mine I feel extra sad about it. But hey, no more mantouxs, no more Ed. fairs, no more late nights frosting endless amounts of sugar cookie tree, star, and snowman cut outs.

No more.

No comments: