Im lucky if I brush my teeth before 1pm. A shower/bath is a treat...that can only last 5 minutes with the door open and monitor near. Applying make-up and sporty any type of style other than a pony tail takes a back seat to other must-dos. I do change out of my pjs into a clean set of...well, pjs. Eating is a luxury...eating a homemade meal is a delicacy. Large loads of dirty smelly wet clothes accumulate like fluffy white snow. Spit up is expected to be on my hands, face, shoulder and pretty much everywhere else. Its easier to never plan anything. Grocery shopping is treated like a weekend trip, way too much planning is involved. Coffee breaks include a baby hanging around my neck, a bottle dripping on my pants and the tv remote on the other side of the room. Forget about answering that phone call. My home decorated like adults live here now has spit rags, bottles, toys and pacifiers littered about. The wine bottle displayed on the counter is just a cruel joke. Sleep isnt worth mentioning. The vacuum collects just as much dust as my key board does. Those white hairs remain white and seem to multiple like bunnies. The greatest sound is silence. My own bed feels like a cloud in heaven. I'll never have to set the alarm clock again. However, the sound of the alarm maybe more appealing then the alternative option~screaming child.
A mom's world is messy, noisy and never ends but I couldnt imagine a better place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment