Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Heidi's Picture Palace: Are best friends supposed to be sister-in-laws?

Heidi's Picture Palace: Are best friends supposed to be sister-in-laws?

I was looking through old blog post of the ones I follow and I came across this old post my SIL dedicated to me. It was so unexpected and sweet to read.

Since we met, our friendship has been through so much.

Our roads have been so different but seem to run parallel. She went to college, has a great career, married her HS sweetheart and is now enjoying the company of her newborn. I didn't go to college. I don't really have a career; I have a job. Married my HS sweetheart (can I call him that? I was a senior and he's 4 years older) and I am infertile.



Our friendship has endured a rocky road but has never failed. We have survived me dating her older brother (an awkward time), college years (at time for making new friends and focusing on the future), my infertility issues (which Heidi and I rarely talk about. I'm still sensitive), different lives and experiences. And yet, through it all we're still friends, by choice.


As I mentioned in my previous post we have ventured in to a new phase of friendship....business partners. I'm sure we will make a great and creative team. I can't think of a better person to do this with!




Particularly in this photo, I think we both look a little Nast!

No comments: