Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To our little house

There have been times where I have said I dislike you, and I do for the most part. You're little, you have a horrible layout. You consist of too many doors. You have drafty windows. Your "spare" bedroom is not a bedroom at all. And that's your coldest room! But when we bought you, you were perfect for us. Perfect timing, perfect price. So, I must admit, I do appreciate all you have done for us.


despite


Your tiny rooms. That seem to be cluttered as soon as a piece of paper is out of place. But, these rooms have housed sleeping people and animals and have offered privacy and comfort.

Your itsy-bitsy bathroom. The only one in the house. You, I give a lot of kodus to. You have to put up with every ones, well you know. You have offered your serves everyday, multiple times a day since the beginning. All I can say is thank you.

Your less then Gourmet kitchen. Despite your lack of space, hence no dining table, many delicious meals have been made in you. You have provided a wonderful atmosphere for us to enjoy you and what you allow us to do.




Your basement. That nasty underground stink hole. And I means that in the nicest of ways. You do provide us with storage and a laundry area, but you stink. Please do something about your musky, damp stench. OK its no that bad, but I still hate your scary stair case that will most likely be my death. Falling down you with a large overloaded laundry basket.




And living room. You are the most loved room. Too bad you can only welcome 4 people at a time. Not much more than that and it's too crowded to enjoy anything! And 5 doors is a little excessive. But. Thank you for the space you have given for the sofas and TV. A couple more inches would be nice. I would love an end table for the love seat. Just a thought.

Entryway. You welcome us everyday when we return. Thank you. But, maybe a window would be nice, and one less door in you too. Or maybe a closet so I can hide all our unattractive shoes and coats...




Oh, little house. You are cute with your white shingles and red door, shutters. Only if your could grow a couple more inches. Over the years you have given so much to us. A yard to play in and to grow flowers and food. A shed to store a lot of junk that should be in a dumpster somewhere else. A place for Callie to do her business in. I tell ya, I would buy you all over again. Well, maybe not you, but one similar to you. And not your location. It's nice to live near work. You have saved me from many possible tardies. But I need to look out your windows and see trees and grass and sky. Not my neighbors and my neighbors neighbor. With all this said, thank you our little house. You are precious to me.

No comments: